Picture Retakes - October 25
Student Led Conferences - Nov. 2
Main Office/Oficina Principal: 531-299-2500
If calling before 7:00 A.M., please dial 531-299-8318.
GEORGE W. NORRIS DAILY BULLETIN
Friday, September 22, 2017
• Menu for Today: Lunch: Stadium Beef Frank or Chili Cheese Dog on a Bun or BBQ Pulled Pork Nachos Sandwich: Turkey & American Salad: Baja Chicken Salad
• Menu for Tomorrow: Breakfast: Glazed Donut Lunch: Mac N Cheese & Shrimp or Eggroll Sandwich: Smoked Turkey & Mozzarella Salad: Diced Egg & American
• Are you persistent? Persistence is your ability to work through difficult tasks and keep going. Your brain, just like a muscle, learns to perform better when you make it work hard. This week when things get tough be persistent.
• BIST Life Goal #3- At Norris we expect you to be ok and productive when it’s hard or you don’t like a rule. Every day we are faced with things we would rather not do, but it is at these times we need for you to show responsibility and be ok and productive. Do the right thing because it is the right thing to do.
• National Junior Honor Society Members please remember to get your t-shirt orders to Ms. Jacobberger by this Friday. She needs shirt sizes from everyone! You may leave your order in her mailbox.
• Spoken Word Poetry has a life of its own! Have you written your performance poems for the Fall Poetry Slam yet? Please turn in your two poems (Hope and Choice Topic) to your Language Arts Teacher or Ms. Jacobberger by Tuesday, October 3rd.
• If you attended the informational meeting for the Boston Trip over Spring Break and have had trouble registering, please go see Ms. Jacobberger as soon as possible, she has a very important information change!
• There will be a second audition for Drumline on Tuesday Sept. 26th. We have filled 19 spots already.
• Students that are part of the NICE program please see Mrs. Sitting Eagle during Redbird block after announcements today. We will meet by the security desk.
• Activities for the Week: Friday, Sept. 22nd JV Football vs Bryan @ Norris & Varsity Football vs Beveridge @ Burke High School
Success, Achievement, and Respect
t’s a Redbird Thing
Mark your calendar for Parent Teacher Conferences.
Student Led Parent Teacher Conferences will be held on Thursday, February 11, from 12:30-7:30 P.M. Please bring your child with you to conferences as Norris has student led conferences. Student-led conferences are a form of parent-teacher conferences, but with students taking the lead role and guiding their parents through their learning and grades. Students have a script they follow to inform their parents of their grades. Each student will have a folder with self-evaluation sheets from each class with assignments attached to show his or her level of learning. Once that occurs, teachers are available for questions and concerns.
During conferences, there will be a table in the hallway south of the auditorium. Please stop there to pick up your child's report card, and head to either the gym or the cafeteria. The teachers for seventh and eighth grade students along with cooperative arts teachers will be located in the gym. The sixth grade teachers will be in the cafeteria.
Marque su calendario para la junta de padres y maestros.
La junta de padres y maestros dirigida por los estudiantes será el jueves, 11 de febrero de 12:30 a 7:30 p.m. Por favor traiga a su estudiante con usted a la junta de Norris. Las conferencias de padres y maestros dirigidas por los estudiantes son una forma de que los estudiantes tomen el papel principal y guíen a sus padres a través de lo que han aprendido, a la vez que les muestran sus calificaciones. Los estudiantes cuentan con un guion que siguen para informarles a sus padres sus calificaciones. Cada estudiante tendrá un folder de cada clase con su propia evaluación y con su asignación adjunta para mostrar su nivel de aprendizaje. Una vez que el estudiante haya mostrado el folder a sus padres, los maestros estarán disponibles para contestar cualquier pregunta o preocupación que tengan.
Durante las conferencias, habrá una mesa en el pasillo del lado sur del auditorio. Por favor pare ahí y recoja la boleta de calificaciones de su estudiante y vaya a la cafetería o al gimnasio. Los maestros de sexto grado estarán en la cafetería.
8 - Student Orientation (2:00-7:00 P.M.)
9 - Student Orientation (12:00-3:00 P.M.)
17 - First Student Day (6th & 7th Grade ONLY)
18 - School Resumes for ALL Norris students
21 - Solar Eclipse Event (need signed permission slips)
4 - No School (Labor Day)
15 - No School (Curriculum Day)
20 - First Quarter Ends
23 - Second Quarter Begins
2 - Conferences (12:30 P.M. - 7:30 P.M.)
3 - No School (Teacher Work Day)
22 - No School (Teacher Inservice)
23-24 No School (Thanksgiving Recess)
22 - Second Quarter Ends
25 - Winter Recess Begins
5 - No School (Teacher Work Day)
9 - Third Quarter Begins
15 - No School (Martin Luther King Day)
15 - Conferences
16 - No School (Teacher Work Day)
19 - No School (Presidents' Day)
9 - Third Quarter Ends
12-16 No School (Spring Recess)
19 - Fourth Quarter Begins
13 - No School (Teacher Work Day)
4 - No School (Professional Development)
25 - Fourth Quarter Ends/Last Student Day
4-29 Summer School
NORRIS BELL SCHEDULE 2017-2018
Breakfast is served in the cafeteria 7:00-7:32
Halls open to lockers 7:32
Please check the Daily Announcements tab for Activities for the Week.
The start time for all OPS Middle School Athletic Events are 3:30 pm. We ask that all parents, families, and friends support their athlete from the bleacher area reserved for spectators. The cost of admission for OPS Middle School contests is $2.00 for adults and $1.00 for school aged children. OPS Sponsored Tournaments are $4.00 for adults and $2.00 for school aged children. Thank you for your support for Redbird Athletics.
Norris School Improvement Plan
2016-2017 GROWTH GOAL
Gradual Release of Instruction
Behavior Intervention Support Teams (B.I.S.T.)
School and community events that take place at Norris Middle School can be found on our building calendar.
2017-2018 Bulding Calendar