2018-2019 Pick Up/Drop Off Information
MAP Testing September 10, 11, 12 information MAP 19-20.pdf
Open House September 17th, 2019 6pm to 8pm
Open House 2019 Flyer.pdf
Open House 2019 Spanish.pdf
George W. Norris
Friday, September 13, 2019
At This Time Teachers Have Your Students Take Out
Their Agendas to Put Down Important Information & Dates
· Menu for Today: Lunch: General Tso Chicken or Breaded Spicy Chicken or Crispy Chicken on a Bun Sandwich: Turkey Deli Salad: Smoked Turkey & Mozzarella
· Menu for Monday: Breakfast: Sausage Breakfast Pizzazz Pizza Lunch: Beef Ranchero Pizza or Cheese Bread Sticks with Pasta Sauce or Oven Baked Fiery Chicken Sandwich: Smoked Turkey & Mozzarella Salad: Diced Egg & American
· Our attendance goal at Norris is Strive for 95. That means each student achieves 95% daily attendance. You can start right now. There’s No Time Like The Present and No Substitute For Being Present. Let's Strive for 95!
· Congratulations to the new 2019-2020 Dance, Flags and Poms members! Dancers, please stop by room 112 today to check the list and get permission slips! Flags come to room 142 to check the list and get permission slips and Poms come to room 218 to check the list and get permission slips. Again, Dancers, stop by room 112; Flags stop by room 142 and Poms stop by room 218 TODAY! Congratulations 2019-2020 Redbird Posse! Please see Mrs. Burse, Mrs. Jensen or Ms. Hansen with questions.
· Congratulations Cross Country!! Abdi Allen won for the 8th grade boys and Sergio Martinez came in 3rd. Both Kensey Rodriguez and Mercedes Miller placed in top 10. Overall, 8th grade boys took 1st place! Keep running hard!
· Attention students interested in being in drumline. Tryouts for drumline will be on Thursday, September 19th after school in the band room. Please sign up in the band room so we can get you on the late bus if you are a bus rider.
· 6th grade intramural boys’ soccer will begin Friday Sept. 13th from 3:15 -5:00 for those that have returned their permission slip per Coach Silva.
· Due to MAP testing the National Junior Honor Society meeting scheduled this week has been moved to Today, September 13th at 10:13 in room 108.
· GSA, the Norris Gender and Sexualities Alliance will have their first meeting Monday September 16 after school in room 218. If you signed up, make sure you have signed up for the late bus. If you did not sign up, you are still welcome to come. Meetings will go to 5. Any questions please ask Ms. Hansen, Ms. Ferris or Mrs. Carver.
· Activities for the Week: Friday Sept. 13th Varsity Football vs McMillan @ Norris & JV Football vs McMillan @ Blackburn & Varsity Volleyball vs Beveridge @ Norris
NORRIS BELL SCHEDULE 2019-2020 19-20 Bell Schedule.pdf
Breakfast is served in the cafeteria 7:00-7:32. Halls open to lockers 7:32.
Main Office/Oficina Principal: 531-299-2500
If calling before 7:00 A.M., please dial 531-299-8318.
FIRST SEMESTER - FALL 2019 Students will receive their class schedules at Orientation on August 5 or 6. Classes will resume on Wednesday, Aug. 14 at 7:40 a.m. for 6th and 7th grade students. Classes resume for all students on Thursday, August 15. Students may be dropped-off and picked-up on Marinda Street once school resumes. We are looking forward to a great school year at Norris. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to call me (531) 299-2500.
Sincerely, Carrie Carr, Principal Norris Middle School
PRIMER SEMESTRE - OTOÑO 2010 Los estudiantes recibirán su horario de clases durante la orientación el 5 o 6 de agosto. Las clases se reanudarán el miércoles, 14 de agosto a las 7:40 a.m. para los estudiantes en los grados 6 y 7. Las clases se reanudarán para todos los estudiantes el jueves, 15 de agosto. Los estudiantes pueden ser dejados y recogidos en la calle Marinda una vez que se reanude la escuela. Esperamos un buen año escolar en la Secundaria Norris. Si tiene alguna pregunta o inquietud, no dude en llamarme al (531) 299-2500.
Sinceramente, Dra. Carrie Carr, Directora Escuela Secundaria Norris
Please check the Daily Announcements tab for Activities for the Week.
The start time for all OPS Middle School Athletic Events are 3:30 pm. We ask that all parents, families, and friends support their athlete from the bleacher area reserved for spectators.
The cost of admission for OPS Middle School contests is $2.00 for adults and $1.00 for school aged children. OPS Sponsored Tournaments are $4.00 for adults and $2.00 for school aged children. Thank you for your support for Redbird Athletics.
OPS has instituted the first OPS SAFE Schools Hotline to
provide an additional layer of support to our students and families.
SAFE Schools Hotline - (531) 299-SAFE (7233)
Free/Anonymous/Available - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year
will speak with a trained Boys Town National Hotline counselor for help with
depression, anxiety, suicidal thoughts, substance abuse, bullying, relationship
issues, violence or to report a concern.
School and community events that take place at Norris Middle School can be found on our building calendar.
Each quarter Norris will be creating a newsletter to highlight the fun and exciting things happening at our school! Click the link below to access the final edition of the 2019-2020 school year!
Norris Parent Group Information/Grupo de padres de Norris Norris Parent Group Info.pdf