2018-2019 Pick Up/Drop Off Information
Beauty and the Beast" Musical- Staff, students, and community members are invited to see the Norris Middle School production of "Beauty and the Beast" on Tuesday, November 26, 2019 at 7pm. Staff get in for free with their badge. All other adults’ admission will be $5 each and all birth to school aged children will have free admission. Thank you in advance for your support!
George W. Norris
Thursday, November 21, 2019
At This Time Teachers Have Your Students Take Out
Their Agendas to Put Down Important Information & Dates
· Menu for Today: Lunch: Creamed Turkey or Fish Wedge on Bun Sandwich: Hoagie Salad: Turkey Deli & American
· Menu for Tomorrow: Breakfast: Apple Breadstick Lunch: Korean BBQ Sandwich or Chicken Nuggets or Cheese Quesadilla Sandwich: Turkey & American Salad: Chicken Caesar
· Our attendance goal at Norris is Strive for 95. That means each student achieves 95% daily attendance. Students who attend school regularly also feel more connected to their community, develop important social skills and friendships, and are significantly more likely to graduate from high school, setting them up for a strong future.
· Today’s featured fruit is oranges. Did you know Oranges are fourth most popular fruit and orange juice is the most popular juice in America. Brazil is the largest producer of oranges in the world. The Florida oranges are greener than the California oranges. It is possible for more than one plant to grow from a single seed of orange.
· Flags will meet after school today.
· Poms will be meeting in the band room after school today! Please check messages in Teams and bring your November payments. See Miss Hansen with questions.
· Students Turn Your Chocolate Money owed into the office as soon as possible to go to the party!
· Beauty and the Beast" Musical- Staff, students, and community members are invited to see the Norris Middle School production of "Beauty and the Beast" on Tuesday, November 26, 2019 at 7pm. Staff get in for free with their badge. All other adults’ admission will be $5 each and all birth to school aged children will have free admission. Thank you in advance for your support!
· Attention Norris Students and Teachers: Yearbooks are for sale for $25. We will have tables set up to sell them on Thursdays each week in the gym from 7:10-7:30. You can also see Mrs. Reid in room 137 to get an order form. All pre-ordered yearbooks will be delivered to homerooms on May 18th. If you do not pre-order your yearbook, a limited number will be available to buy on May 18th for $30. Pre-order before March 27th and save $5!!!!
· Activities for the Week: Thursday Nov. 21st Boys Basketball @ Monroe; Friday Nov. 22nd Girls 7th grade Swim Finals
Success, Achievement, and Respect
It’s a Redbird Thing
NORRIS BELL SCHEDULE 2019-2020 19-20 Bell Schedule.pdf
Breakfast is served in the cafeteria 7:00-7:32. Halls open to lockers 7:32.
Main Office/Oficina Principal: 531-299-2500
If calling before 7:00 A.M., please dial 531-299-8318.
FIRST SEMESTER - FALL 2019 Students will receive their class schedules at Orientation on August 5 or 6. Classes will resume on Wednesday, Aug. 14 at 7:40 a.m. for 6th and 7th grade students. Classes resume for all students on Thursday, August 15. Students may be dropped-off and picked-up on Marinda Street once school resumes. We are looking forward to a great school year at Norris. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to call me (531) 299-2500.
Sincerely, Carrie Carr, Principal Norris Middle School
PRIMER SEMESTRE - OTOÑO 2010 Los estudiantes recibirán su horario de clases durante la orientación el 5 o 6 de agosto. Las clases se reanudarán el miércoles, 14 de agosto a las 7:40 a.m. para los estudiantes en los grados 6 y 7. Las clases se reanudarán para todos los estudiantes el jueves, 15 de agosto. Los estudiantes pueden ser dejados y recogidos en la calle Marinda una vez que se reanude la escuela. Esperamos un buen año escolar en la Secundaria Norris. Si tiene alguna pregunta o inquietud, no dude en llamarme al (531) 299-2500.
Sinceramente, Dra. Carrie Carr, Directora Escuela Secundaria Norris
Please check the Daily Announcements tab for Activities for the Week.
The start time for all OPS Middle School Athletic Events are 3:30 pm. We ask that all parents, families, and friends support their athlete from the bleacher area reserved for spectators.
The cost of admission for OPS Middle School contests is $2.00 for adults and $1.00 for school aged children. OPS Sponsored Tournaments are $4.00 for adults and $2.00 for school aged children. Thank you for your support for Redbird Athletics.
OPS has instituted the first OPS SAFE Schools Hotline to
provide an additional layer of support to our students and families.
SAFE Schools Hotline - (531) 299-SAFE (7233)
Free/Anonymous/Available - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year
will speak with a trained Boys Town National Hotline counselor for help with
depression, anxiety, suicidal thoughts, substance abuse, bullying, relationship
issues, violence or to report a concern.
School and community events that take place at Norris Middle School can be found on our building calendar.
Each quarter Norris will be creating a newsletter to highlight the fun and exciting things happening at our school! Click the link below to access the final edition of the 2019-2020 school year!
Nov 1, 2019
Norris Parent Group Information/Grupo de padres de Norris Norris Parent Group Info.pdf