2018-2019 Pick Up/Drop Off Information
Please join Dr. Carr and our Norris Parent Group for hot chocolate and cookies at Norris Middle School in the library on Tuesday, December 17 at 6 p.m. This is also the same night of our Winter Chorus Concert, which begins at 7 p.m. We will also have a Parent Café sponsored by Boys Town to provide resources to families on setting good routines at home. We hope you and your family will join us!
George W. Norris
Wednesday, December 11, 2019
At This Time Teachers Have Your Students Take Out
Their Agendas to Put Down Important Information & Dates
· Menu for Today: Lunch: Pork Tenderloin on a Bun or Pizzeria Style Cheese or Pepperoni Pizza or Chicken Egg Roll Sandwich: Turkey & American Salad: Smoked Turkey & American Cheese
· Menu for Tomorrow: Breakfast: Chicken and Waffle Sandwich Lunch: Creamed Turkey or Hamburger or Cheeseburger or Pepperoni Pocket Sandwich: Classic Salad: Turkey Deli & Mozzarella Cheese
· Cross Country runners who are interested in attending South High, please attend an after-school meeting with the South High Cross-Country Coach on Thursday, Dec 12th in room 217.
· Dancers will meet after school today 12/11. This is the last day to get fitted for your uniform.
· Science Bowl will be meeting Friday December 13 after school in room 207.
· Attention Redbird Nation! Don't forget that tomorrow is Throwback Thursday! Either dress as if you're from another decade or as your younger self.
· Please return any candy bar fundraiser money to the main office, it is past due.
· December Chorus Concert: All staff, community members, students and their families are invited to attend the 6th-8th grade chorus concert on Tuesday, December 17, 2019 at 7pm. Please come out to support if you can.
· If you are planning to try out for the girls’ basketball team, please sign-up outside either Coach Rechkemmer (217) or Coach Armstrong’s (230) door. Tryouts will take place after winter break.
· Attention book club invitees: If you received a book club invitation, don't forget that our first meeting is today after school in room 211. Please make sure you have a ride home or you have signed up for the late bus.
· Any 7th and 8th graders interested in wrestling please sign up outside Mr. Knutson (135) or Mr. Lewis (129) by Tuesday. We will have an informational meeting Wednesday December 18 during club time in room 129.
· Students, please be aware that if you remove the screen cover from the iPad case, you will have to pay for a new case. A new case is $30. If you have removed the screen cover, you need to replace it ASAP or see Mrs. Newman about your options. If the iPad breaks while the screen cover is off, it will NOT be covered by the insurance.
· No Place for Hate is having a winter drive and we need your help! Bring hats, gloves, scarfs, or ear muffs to your RBB by December 18th. All donations will go to the Salvation Army. The RBB that brings the most items will receive a surprise party before winter break.
· Activities for the Week: Thursday Dec. 12th Boys Basketball TBD
Success, Achievement, and Respect
It’s a Redbird Thing
NORRIS BELL SCHEDULE 2019-2020 19-20 Bell Schedule.pdf
Breakfast is served in the cafeteria 7:00-7:32. Halls open to lockers 7:32.
Main Office/Oficina Principal: 531-299-2500
If calling before 7:00 A.M., please dial 531-299-8318.
FIRST SEMESTER - FALL 2019 Students will receive their class schedules at Orientation on August 5 or 6. Classes will resume on Wednesday, Aug. 14 at 7:40 a.m. for 6th and 7th grade students. Classes resume for all students on Thursday, August 15. Students may be dropped-off and picked-up on Marinda Street once school resumes. We are looking forward to a great school year at Norris. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to call me (531) 299-2500.
Sincerely, Carrie Carr, Principal Norris Middle School
PRIMER SEMESTRE - OTOÑO 2010 Los estudiantes recibirán su horario de clases durante la orientación el 5 o 6 de agosto. Las clases se reanudarán el miércoles, 14 de agosto a las 7:40 a.m. para los estudiantes en los grados 6 y 7. Las clases se reanudarán para todos los estudiantes el jueves, 15 de agosto. Los estudiantes pueden ser dejados y recogidos en la calle Marinda una vez que se reanude la escuela. Esperamos un buen año escolar en la Secundaria Norris. Si tiene alguna pregunta o inquietud, no dude en llamarme al (531) 299-2500.
Sinceramente, Dra. Carrie Carr, Directora Escuela Secundaria Norris
Please check the Daily Announcements tab for Activities for the Week.
The start time for all OPS Middle School Athletic Events are 3:30 pm. We ask that all parents, families, and friends support their athlete from the bleacher area reserved for spectators.
The cost of admission for OPS Middle School contests is $2.00 for adults and $1.00 for school aged children. OPS Sponsored Tournaments are $4.00 for adults and $2.00 for school aged children. Thank you for your support for Redbird Athletics.
OPS has instituted the first OPS SAFE Schools Hotline to
provide an additional layer of support to our students and families.
SAFE Schools Hotline - (531) 299-SAFE (7233)
Free/Anonymous/Available - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year
will speak with a trained Boys Town National Hotline counselor for help with
depression, anxiety, suicidal thoughts, substance abuse, bullying, relationship
issues, violence or to report a concern.
School and community events that take place at Norris Middle School can be found on our building calendar.
Each quarter Norris will be creating a newsletter to highlight the fun and exciting things happening at our school! Click the link below to access the final edition of the 2019-2020 school year!
Nov 1, 2019
Norris Parent Group Information/Grupo de padres de Norris Norris Parent Group Info.pdf