2018-2019 Pick Up/Drop Off Information
George W. Norris
Monday, January 27, 2020
At This Time Teachers Have Your Students Take Out
Their Agendas to Put Down Important Information & Dates
· Menu for Today: Lunch: Popcorn Chicken Bowl or Beef Cutlet on a Bun or Beef Lasagna Sandwich: Turkey Deli Salad: Beef Taco Salad
· Menu for Tomorrow: Breakfast: Cinnamon Glazed French Toast Lunch: Mini Corn Dogs or Breaded or Spicy Chicken on a Bun or Pepperoni Calzone Sandwich: Italian Deli Wrap Salad: Smoked Turkey
· Our attendance goal at Norris is Strive for 95. That means each student achieves 95% daily attendance. Did you know that When students improve their attendance rates, they improve their academic prospects and chances for graduating. Strive for 95 Redbirds!
· Attention Students: Norris Middle School will take part in the school accreditation process on Tuesday, February 4 and Wednesday, February 5. During these two days five evaluators will come to Norris to view our school progress and make recommendations for improvement. They will also interview students, teachers, and families. We are excited to show off all the great things happening in Redbird Nation during these two days!
· Book club will not be meeting this Wednesday. It has been cancelled.
· Attention 8th Graders: The 8th Grade Celebration will be held on Wednesday, May 20 at the Mark and will feature bowling, pizza, laser tag, and games. The cost will be $15, and students are eligible to attend if they have no out of school suspensions and final administrator approval. More info will be coming soon! We hope you'll join us for this fun afternoon!
· Wednesday, January 29 is a Clubs Day. Students will report to Redbird Block after block 2. If you have signed up for or participate in a club, you will be dismissed after your teacher takes attendance and the bell has rang. See your RBB teacher with questions.
· Attention Norris Students: Please stop by the yearbook table on Wednesdays and Thursdays to buy your yearbook!! You can also enter 1 of our raffles! Raffle #1: We are giving away 1 yearbook to any student who has NOT bought one. If you can't get the money or really want a free yearbook, sign up at our table for a free one!! Raffle #2: We are refunding 2 yearbooks to people who buy them before Spring Break starts on March 7th!! If you buy your yearbook, you are entered into a raffle to get your money back! Also, the 15th, 30th, and 45th person to buy a yearbook wins a takis or popcorn party for their RBB class! Come see us and get a yearbook before they're gone!
· 7th & 8th Grade Boys interested in swimming please sign up to attend an informational meeting on Wednesday, January 29th during the club meeting time. The meeting will be held in Mrs. Walentine's room, room 107. Boys swimming begins, Monday, February 3rd. Coach Silva and Coach Walentine look forward to seeing you there.
· 8th graders -- Due to snow days, we have extended the deadline for high school selection forms. The final day we can accept completed forms is Tuesday, Jan. 28th. Please bring your forms to your RBB teacher as soon as possible.
· Omaha North High School Middle School Night: North vs Benson basketball game on Friday Jan. 31st! Girls play at 5:30 and Boys play at 7:15. Middle School students can get in free on this night only with a School ID and an adult. Admission with an ID and adult also gets you Pizza and Drinks & Opportunities to play games and win prizes courtesy of Omaha North Student Council. Also, you can participate in Bake Sale and Miracle Minute to raise money for Coach Morris!
· Partnership 4 Kids 8th grade meeting after school today.
· Activities for the Week: Tuesday Jan. 28th Wrestling vs Bryan & Buffett @ Norris and Girls Basketball @ Buffett; Thursday Jan. 30th Basketball vs King @ Norris and Wrestling @ Hale
Success, Achievement, and Respect
It’s a Redbird Thing
NORRIS BELL SCHEDULE 2019-2020 19-20 Bell Schedule.pdf
Breakfast is served in the cafeteria 7:00-7:32. Halls open to lockers 7:32.
Main Office/Oficina Principal: 531-299-2500
If calling before 7:00 A.M., please dial 531-299-8318.
FIRST SEMESTER - FALL 2019 Students will receive their class schedules at Orientation on August 5 or 6. Classes will resume on Wednesday, Aug. 14 at 7:40 a.m. for 6th and 7th grade students. Classes resume for all students on Thursday, August 15. Students may be dropped-off and picked-up on Marinda Street once school resumes. We are looking forward to a great school year at Norris. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to call me (531) 299-2500.
Sincerely, Carrie Carr, Principal Norris Middle School
PRIMER SEMESTRE - OTOÑO 2010 Los estudiantes recibirán su horario de clases durante la orientación el 5 o 6 de agosto. Las clases se reanudarán el miércoles, 14 de agosto a las 7:40 a.m. para los estudiantes en los grados 6 y 7. Las clases se reanudarán para todos los estudiantes el jueves, 15 de agosto. Los estudiantes pueden ser dejados y recogidos en la calle Marinda una vez que se reanude la escuela. Esperamos un buen año escolar en la Secundaria Norris. Si tiene alguna pregunta o inquietud, no dude en llamarme al (531) 299-2500.
Sinceramente, Dra. Carrie Carr, Directora Escuela Secundaria Norris
Please check the Daily Announcements tab for Activities for the Week.
The start time for all OPS Middle School Athletic Events are 3:30 pm. We ask that all parents, families, and friends support their athlete from the bleacher area reserved for spectators.
The cost of admission for OPS Middle School contests is $2.00 for adults and $1.00 for school aged children. OPS Sponsored Tournaments are $4.00 for adults and $2.00 for school aged children. Thank you for your support for Redbird Athletics.
OPS has instituted the first OPS SAFE Schools Hotline to
provide an additional layer of support to our students and families.
SAFE Schools Hotline - (531) 299-SAFE (7233)
Free/Anonymous/Available - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year
will speak with a trained Boys Town National Hotline counselor for help with
depression, anxiety, suicidal thoughts, substance abuse, bullying, relationship
issues, violence or to report a concern.
Each quarter Norris will be creating a newsletter to highlight the fun and exciting things happening at our school! Click the link below to access the final edition of the 2019-2020 school year!
January 2020 please see the link below
Title 1 Schoolwide Plan
2019-2020 Norris SIP-CSI 19-20.pdf
Norris Parent Group Information/Grupo de padres de Norris Norris Parent Group Info.pdf
NS Recruitment Website Rotator Jan 2020 English.pdf