To open the application in Microsoft Forms, click here: https://forms.office.com/r/wpnQHDiWge
What is a Norris Middle School Student Ambassador?
A Student Ambassador at Norris Middle School is student leader that will represent our school positively and help build community within our school.
1. Enrolled at Norris Middle School
2. Current GPA of 2.0 or higher
3. No out of school suspensions in the previous 2 semesters.
The Application Process
1. Read through the application and be prepared to respond to all the questions.
*It is recommended that your write out your responses for the long answers before starting to fill out the form. You can then copy and paste your responses.
2. Ask two of your teachers to a complete recommendation form.
3. Complete your application and submit it by 3:30pm Friday, September 3rd.
All applications must be in before the deadline to be considered.
The Selection Process
1.) Applications are reviewed and rated based on:
• Your personal essay
• School participation, attendance and discipline
• Teacher recommendation
2.) Applications will be reviewed by a committee of Norris Middle School Teachers.
3.) Selected students will be announced no later than Friday, September 10th.
Responsibilities of Norris Middle School Student Ambassadors:
• Attend all Student Ambassador Meetings.
• Conduct tours of the school and explain various school programs.
• Demonstrate leadership and become a role model for other students.
• Participate in fundraising and service projects.
• Participate in the orientation and transition activities of new students.
• Maintain a C (2.0) or better average in all classes. If grade(s) drop, then the student will be asked to meet with sponsors to determine a probationary period of nine weeks in order to improve grades.
• Ambassadors who receive an out of school suspension will be removed from the program for the remainder of academic year. Other disciplinary issues that do not result in out of school suspension will be reviewed by the sponsors and may result in suspension or removal from the group.
Student Ambassador Service Time:
• Students will serve for one school year.
This Application will ask you:
1. Your first and last name
2. Your student ID
3. Your grade
4. Your team
5. Why you think you would make a good student ambassador.
6. Why do you think Norris Middle School needs student ambassadors?
7. To list the most important character traits of an effective leader.
Student leaders have many different roles.
They fall into three general categories:
-the planner (enjoys organizing events, is very responsible, can be trusted with almost any task),
-the speaker (does not mind explaining things and has no problem being the voice for a group or speaking in front of larger groups), and
-the artist (often has big ideas, enjoys the creative side of planning an event and making that event beautiful).
In at least two paragraphs describe and explain which of these roles best describes you.