The Dual Language Program at Norris integrates native English speaking students with native Spanish speaking students for academic instruction presented in both languages.
OPS Dual Language Program Beliefs
Administrators, teachers, and staff within the Dual Language Program of the Omaha Public Schools are dedicated to ensuring that each child acquire the skills and knowledge to succeed in a global society by working towards the following goals:
1) High Academic Achievement
4) Cross-Cultural Abilities
OPS Dual Language Program
- Students are taught in English and Spanish.
- Students develop all four language domains in both languages: speaking, listening, reading, and writing.
- All students, K-12, study Spanish Language Arts.
- Lessons are not repeated or translated.
- Dual Language students are held to equal expectations in English and Spanish.
- Strict language separation is maintained.
Norris Family Volunteers click here